Helping Hearts Mentor Program:
- Our mission is to help bring regular ed and special ed together by having our regular ed participants work with our special ed participants for the Special Olympics and in other programs throughout the year. Students will spend time with the participants, creating a trustworthy bond, and helping the participants get ready and train for programs this year.
- We believe that it is very important that students pay attention and get to know students who don't have the same ability as them. Everyone has a gift and meeting and working with someone different from you can help inspire your gift and build character.
- Outside Games and Activities;
- Trust Building Exercises;
- Teamwork Exercises;
- Training and Development; and
- Awards and Recognition
- There will be 75 Mentors and over 50 Mentees
- There will be 2-3 people in each group
- Mentors and Mentees will meet once a week for a month
- The meeting places will be The Marching Band Practice Field, Room B235 or The Lecture Hall
- Mentors must have 70% or above in every class to participate in the mentor program
- Mentors must demonstrate leadership, positivity, honesty, and companionship in all classes and throughout the school day
- Mentors must complete the application and recommendation sheet to its entirety